- Results are available in 24 minutes on 3M Attest 490/490H Auto-readers with software version 4.2.7 or higher
- Gravity: 132 C (270 F) for 3 minutes and 10 minutes; 135 C (275 F) for 3 minutes and 10 minutes.
- The results of the BI are often available before the patient leaves the surgical suite.
- Meets ISO and FDA performance requirements for biological indicators
- Contains viable organisms that provide a direct measure of lethality
- Speeds up turnaround time on your instruments
- *When used with 3M™ Attest™ Auto-reader 490 or the Attest™ Auto-reader 490H with software version 4.2.7 or greater
Twenty-four minute readout Biological Indicator for 132°C (270°F) and 135°C (275°F) 3-minute and 10-minute Gravity-Displacement Steam Sterilization cycles (Blue Cap). 50 each/box
The 3M™ Attest™ Super Rapid Readout Biological Indicator 1491 is a self-contained biological indicator specifically designed for rapid and reliable qualification testing and routine monitoring of 270°F (132°C) and 275°F (135°C) gravity-displacement steam sterilization processes when used in conjunction with the 3M™ Attest™ Auto-reader 490 or the 3M™ Attest™ Auto-reader 490H with software version 4.2.7 or greater. The self-contained design includes a spore carrier with spores of Geobacillus stearothermophilus and a media ampoule containing bacteriological media. The spore carrier and media ampoule are contained in a plastic vial topped with a blue cap. A chemical process indicator which changes from pink to light brown or darker upon exposure to steam is located on the top of the cap.
After processing, the biological indicator is activated and incubated in the 3M™ Attest™ Auto-reader. A final negative reading after the specified incubation period indicates an acceptable sterilization process. A 24-minute result is provided when incubated in Model 490 or 490H Auto-readers having software version 4.2.7 or greater.
- For 132°C (270°F) and 135°C (275°F) 3-minute and 10-minute Gravity-Displacement Steam Sterilization cycles (Blue Cap)