The Benefits of Going Digital in Dentistry
Thursday, November 17, 2016 5:34:02 PM America/Toronto
Things are looking futuristic in the world of dentistry these days! Digital technology has slowly but surely made its way into the dentist office and we couldn’t be more excited! Your patients may have been wondering why stepping into a dental clinic is like walking back in time, technology wise. That’s because compared to other medical professions or scientific fields, dentistry has always lagged behind.
Cost–Benefit Analysis of Going Digital
While many digital solutions have been around for some time, the cost has tended to outweigh the advantages to making the digital switch. According to Dental Economics, in order for a digital device or technique to prove beneficial, it has to meet the following requirements:
- Improved efficiency—both cost and time
- Improved accuracy in comparison to previous methods
- A high level of predictability of outcomes
In the present market, more widespread product availability has made going digital more affordable than it’s ever been.
What Are Some of the Digital Innovations in Dentistry We’re Most Excited About?
Here are a few examples of some of the latest and greatest advances in digital technology we think is worth the switch:
Digital Records Management
- If there aren’t any computers at your clinic, your patients have probably noticed. With many reliable software companies to choose from, the return on investment is basically guaranteed. As many companies have become virtually paperless, there’s no better time to make the switch. Try Eaglesoft, Dentrix or Curve Dental.
- Any feasible chance there is to reduce exposure to radiation should automatically be considered. Not only that but using digital images is faster and more interactive. Well-known brands like Kodak are popular imaging solutions.
- According to Dental Economics, diode lasers have been around for some time but have only recently become affordable. Among other benefits, diode lasers have been proven to simplify surgical procedures.