Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:41:21 AM America/Toronto
The feature that you have been asking for is now availableRead More
Sunday, June 2, 2019 11:29:00 PM America/Toronto
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:31:58 AM America/Toronto
We now offer HARP testing in Ontario. Get $50 Gift Card with a purchase of 5 tests.Read More
Monday, October 2, 2017 3:08:01 PM America/Toronto
Dental Brands is proud to announce the addition of following services to our portfolio:
- XRIS machine registration and installation plan approval consulting service
- Ontario Dental X-Ray HARP Acceptance and Quality Testing
Radiation Monitoring of X-Ray Machines
X-ray machines in Ontario that are used for the irradiation of a human being are regulated under the Healing Arts Radiation Protection (HARP) Act. This legislation specifies technical performance standards for x-ray machines and outlines the procedures and tests that are deemed necessary and their frequency to ensure the highest possible level of patient and operator safety.
Registration of X-ray Machines
All dental x-ray machines must be registered by the owner and installations must be approved by the X-ray Inspection Service (XRIS) of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
Owners of x-ray equipment need to submit or re-submit applications for approval when:
- purchasing new or used x-ray machinery;
- relocating existing x-ray machinery;
- replacing existing x-ray machinery (other than routine maintenance);
Approval consists of a plan of your office layout accompanied by the required additional forms and information. Written approval to install and operate the x-ray machine must be made, in writing, by the provincial Director of X-ray Safety.
Acceptance tests are performed on all new and used X-ray equipment. It is recommended that acceptance testing be performed immediately after installation and before first use on patients as a best practice. The Radiation Protection Officer (RPO) must ensure acceptance results are submitted to the Director within 60 days of installation.
Quality testing is performed on all new and used X-ray equipment every 12 months and upon alteration or servicing of the machine.
Why choose us?
- Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario Approved
- Established relationship with Dentists and inspectors at the Ministry of Health of Ontario
- Strong scientific background and in-depth knowledge of the HARP Act
- Convenient testing Options – On Site and Mail
How it Works?
Mail order service: Your office is provided with QC test packets and simple instructions for their use. When they are exposed and returned to us, we will send or email you your reports
On-Site Service: Our trained staff comes to your office and performs the necessary testing using state of the art test meters.
We also help dental offices that have had a visit from an X-Ray Inspector and found the office to be out of compliance with the HARP Act.
For Your Convenience, we remind you each year when testing is due
For more information, or to engage our services, please call: 1-888-441-0443
Monday, August 28, 2017 5:24:00 AM America/Toronto
Dental offices are small businesses, but unlike most small businesses, the dentist/owner is often not a small business expert. So when the time comes to sell a dental practice, it is in your best interest to let an expert at buying and selling businesses handle marketing and selling.
Use these methods to increase the value of your practice starting a few weeks prior to sale:
• It is vital to the value of the practice to have a Dental practice website. The website should be full of content and educational materials. It should have online forms for clients to complete so they do not have to complete forms in the office. If a dental office uses the best technology, it will attract patients who also use technology...Read More